- A new approach to estimate short-term welfare effects of pollinator population changes is proposed.
- Short- and long-term valuation approaches of pollination services are contrasted.
- The approaches are applied to global and German data and a stochastic simulation is performed on the latter.
- Short-term global pollination services are valued at a range midpoint of USD 1 trillion.
- Pollination services in Germany are valued at EUR 3.8 billion in an inter-quartile range of EUR 3.2 to 4.3 billion.
Ecological Economics Vol. 180
Christian Lippert, Arndt Feuerbach, Manuel Narjes